Salary £neg. Dependent on skills and experience.
Oxford Dynamics (OD) is a deep-tech start-up focussed on developing a new generation of Artificial Intelligence that helps machines think like a human more than ever before.
Founded in 2020 by Shefali Sharma, Dr Edward Jackson and Mike Lawton, OD brings together a unique blend of hard-won serial tech entrepreneurial expertise, cutting-edge AI technology and 'new space' technology development.
Oxford Dynamics undertakes work for various HMG entities whilst developing its intellectual property for commercial exploitation, both on orbit and terrestrially.
Were located at the RAL Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, home of the rapidly growing Harwell Space Cluster eco-system.
We welcome applicants who will embrace the role and the flexibility required when working in a fast-moving tech start-up. We reward dedication and results with a highly flexible environment which will allow you to flourish while meeting other requirements you may have in your life.
This is an exciting role which will suit an enthusiastic, self-starting individual who is happy to take responsibility for delivering a wide range of projects to a variety of customers including institutional and commercial organisations. The successful individual will enjoy working as part of a team, is willing to flex their priorities to support others where necessary and is comfortable with a fast-paced environment. It will require someone who takes pride in their work, and can present a professional face to clients, suppliers and our collaborators.
The role requires experience in delivering technical projects and someone who understands the decisions and trade-offs which must be made to ensure successful delivery.
The right attitude and team fit is equally as important as background and experience.
While the primary responsibilities of the role lie in Technical Project Management, the role may require some leading of commercial bids and their writing, project management consulting and other reasonable responsibilities in-line with your capabilities and experience as required. In addition, as the company grows, we need someone who is willing to support / lead on putting the appropriate quality management systems in place.
- Project budgetary control and management
- Schedule derivation, control and management
- Risks and Issues capture and management
- Project resource tracking and management
- Assumption and Dependency management
- Scope and requirement definition and management
- Co-ordination of appropriate technical oversight with the project's Tech Lead
- Accurate and realistic project reporting to clients, Oxford Dynamics' Leadership team, and other key stakeholders
- Acting as primary point of contact for all programmatic project queries to the client and other key stakeholders
- Resolution of programmatic issues with appropriate communication and buy-in from relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Support to technical team in resolution of technical issues, ensuring appropriate communication and buy-in from relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Supplier and sub-contractor management
- Bid management and development of programmatic inputs for bids
- Representing Oxford Dynamics at external events and conferences
- Support / Lead on putting in place the appropriate quality management systems
You will report directly to Shefali Sharma, OD Co-Founder & Director.
Education & Experience
Educated preferably to Degree level or equivalent in a STEM-based discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics).
Please note that sufficient, relevant experience can be considered an equivalent qualification.
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Delivery across the full project lifecycle
- Delivering projects involving new, complex systems, software and/or electronic hardware
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Delivering to external clients
- Reporting project progress to senior internal stakeholders
- Understanding of key project metrics (quantitative (financial) and qualitative
- Tracking project budgets and schedules
- Defining, mitigating and managing project risks
- Managing suppliers
- Interpreting commercial agreements
- Understanding of the key challenges involved in delivering space and/or security & defence technology
Experience and/or knowledge of the following is desirable:
- Delivery of space and/or defence & security technology projects
- Understanding of Technology Readiness Levels (TRL)
- Waterfall, Agile and Service delivery techniques
- Working knowledge of spacecraft systems and subsystems
- Knowledge of UK Space Industry and/or UK Security & Defence sector
- Developing and delivering bids
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Confident working with engineering teams
- Autonomous worker
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Attention to detail
- Calm and professional approach to work
- Can settle the office debate of which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek
- Access to OD share option scheme
- Highly flexible working
- Significant promotion opportunities
Oxford Dynamics is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you're parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch.