Salary £neg. Dependent on skills and experience.
Oxford Dynamics (OD) is a deep-tech start-up focussed on developing a new generation of Artificial Intelligence that helps machines think like a human more than ever before.
Founded in 2020 by Shefali Sharma, Dr Edward Jackson and Mike Lawton, OD brings together a unique blend of hard-won serial tech entrepreneurial expertise, cutting-edge AI technology and 'new space' technology development.
Oxford Dynamics undertakes work for various HMG entities whilst developing its intellectual property for commercial exploitation, both on orbit and terrestrially.
Were located at the RAL Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, home of the rapidly growing Harwell Space Cluster eco-system.
We welcome applicants who will embrace the role and the flexibility required when working in a fast-moving tech start-up. We reward dedication and results with a highly flexible environment which will allow you to flourish while meeting other requirements you may have in your life.
Do you enjoy working on pioneering & innovative technology? Do you like the fast-paced environment of a start-up, where you'll get the chance to be involved in multiple aspects of a project and accelerate your career development? Do you like solving real-world problems that have a tangible impact?
This is an exciting role which will suit an enthusiastic, self-starting individual who is interested in working at the cutting edge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) based Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computer Vision. They will be comfortable working as part of a team to collaborate and deliver to a variety of entities including institutional, academic and commercial organisations. The successful individual will be willing to flex their priorities to support others where necessary and be comfortable with a fast-paced, start-up environment. We're seeking someone who takes pride in their work and can present to a high standard internally and to clients, suppliers and collaborators.
The role requires knowledge of Neural Network based NLP and Computer Vision, a willingness to learn and the ability to work with others to identify and resolve technical challenges. The right attitude is equally as important as background experience and support/training will be provided as appropriate to the successful candidate.
While the primary responsibilities of the role lie in the development of AI algorithms, the role will require occasional bid writing support and other reasonable responsibilities as required by the business from time to time. You will be actively encouraged to maintain a current interest in space industry developments and are expected to pro-actively identify business / technology promotional opportunities.
You may be required to travel overseas to represent the company. Anticipated duties include meeting with customers, collaborators, government agencies and presentation of the company's work at conference.
- Adapt existing methods and develop new scientific techniques and experimental protocols
- Test hypotheses and analyse scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the organisation
You will report to a senior member of the Team and your work will be agreed and prioritized in discussion with them.
Education & Experience
- PhD or Master of Science Degree in Computer Science or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career with a proven track record of successful projects
- Experience and understanding of both neural network-based NLP and Computer Vision
- Experience of programming in Python
- Proven ability to work well as a member of a team
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialisation in computer vision, audio/speech/video processing
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Strong understanding of machine learning
- Background in classical computer vision
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Confident working on commercial project delivery and as part of a bid team
- Autonomous worker
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Attention to detail
- Calm and professional approach to work
- Can settle the office debate of which is better: Star Wars or Star Trek
- Access to OD share option scheme
- Highly flexible working
- Significant promotion opportunities
Oxford Dynamics is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you're parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch.